First, the conventional oil change of the steering system:
1. Steering hydraulic system consists of power steering gear, oil pump, oil tank, oil pipe and oil pipe joints, etc. It is necessary to strictly ensure the cleanliness of the steering hydraulic system so that the power steering system can work normally for a long time.
2. The oil inlet and outlet of the power steering gear cannot be reversed. The mark "P" or "(inward) ↑" indicates the oil inlet, and the mark "R" or "(outward) ↓" indicates the oil return port. The oil port is connected to the oil pump outlet pipe, and the steering gear oil return port is directly connected to the oil tank.
3. It is recommended to use No. 8 hydraulic transmission oil or No. 32 anti-wear hydraulic oil for power steering system. Similar oil products such as ATF, DEXRON and GM series can also be used. The oil must be clean.
4. Only one of the above oils can be added to the power steering system. Any mixed oil and unapproved oil will damage and leak the oil seal, resulting in the loss of steering assistance.
5. The new steering gear must be replaced with the hydraulic oil and oil tank filter element when driving nearly 5000 kilometers. After every 24,000 kilometers or the oil is deteriorated, the hydraulic oil and oil tank filter element must be replaced. The oil must be vented after the oil change.
6. The exhaust method is as follows:
① Fill the oil to the liquid level specified by the oil tank;
② Start the engine and run it at idle speed (600 ～ 750r / min) for more than 30s. At the same time, check the liquid level of the oil tank and continuously add oil to the oil tank;
③ In the idling state of the engine, hit the steering wheel left and right to the extreme position (stop at the extreme position for no more than 10s to prevent the oil pump from heating up, repeat 3 to 5 times, check the tank level and continue to replenish the oil tank liquid;
④ For power steering gear assembly with bleed screw, you can loosen the bleed screw in the steering gear until the oil fills the entire system, no air bubbles will pop out from the bleed port, and the liquid level in the oil tank will no longer drop. Tighten the deflation screw;
⑤ Under the condition of increasing the throttle (1500 ～ 2500r / min), hit the steering wheel left and right to the limit position (stop at the limit position for no more than 10s to prevent the fuel pump from heating), repeat 3 to 5 times, and check the tank fluid at the same time And continue to fill the oil tank with oil until it reaches the level specified by the fuel gauge;
⑥ At this time, the steering wheel steering force is normal.
When refueling the steering system, do not turn the steering wheel while performing steps 1 and 2 above, otherwise air will enter the system. When changing oil in the steering gear, drain the oil from the oil inlet and outlet. Do not remove any screws on the steering gear to drain the oil. The dwell time of the steering wheel to the extreme position must not exceed 10s, otherwise the oil temperature will rise sharply, resulting in damage to the steering oil pump and steering system seal.
Second, the routine inspection of the steering system:
1. The rod system of the steering control mechanism: check the steering wheel, steering column, or steering transmission for interference, card issuance, insufficient lubrication, flexible rotation, wear, looseness, or damage, such as the steering column or steering transmission Friction with the cover, etc .;
2. Rod system of steering transmission mechanism: Check whether the ball joints of the steering vertical arm, horizontal tie rod, etc. are deformed, interfered, issued, insufficiently lubricated, whether they rotate flexibly, whether they are worn, loose or damaged, such as ball joint pins No lubrication stuck, etc .;
3, the limit corner position status: whether there is a turning dead point (angle), whether there is interference between the lever and the tire or leaf spring;
4. Wheel tires: whether the tire pressure varies from side to side, or the wheel tires are severely worn and unevenly worn (single side wear is severe);
5. Steering oil tank: whether the liquid level of the oil tank reaches the correct level; whether the liquid level of the oil tank rises or falls significantly when turning or not, whether air is sucked in; whether the filter paper of the oil tank is melting;
6.Hydraulic oil: Whether the hydraulic oil is dirty or deteriorated, visually check that the hydraulic oil is clear and transparent, and touch the hydraulic oil without iron and other impurities;
7. Tubing and tubing joints: Whether the oil tank outlet pipe joints, high-pressure tubing joints, etc. are loose and there is "wet"; whether the sealing gasket is damaged;
8. Front axle main pin: jack up the front axle and manually turn the tire left and right to check whether the front axle main pin is rusted, or whether the main pin plane bearing is rusted, cracked or stuck;
9. Status of other related parts: whether the shock absorber is damaged, leaking oil, or whether the front suspension spring is deformed; whether the wheel balance lead is not in place or dropped; the level of the frame or airbag is inconsistent; whether the front axle wheel shaft bearing fits too tightly Whether the front wheel positioning angle is reasonable; whether the front wheel toe is too large; etc.
10. Maintenance and replacement: If the steering system components have been repaired and replaced, check whether the pressure and flow of the oil pump meet the requirements; whether the oil inlet and outlet circuits are installed incorrectly; whether the gaskets are replaced; whether the diameter of the oil pipe is too small; whether the pipeline is restricted ; Whether the steering vertical arm is aligned with the engraved lines of the steering gear output shaft; whether all screws, threads, joints, etc. are tightened; whether the steering gear assembly is in the middle position when the tire is driving straight; Whether the liquid level rises or falls significantly when turning; etc.
Third, the steering wheel free clearance adjustment (adjustment should be performed by professionals):
When the steering wheel idle travel angle exceeds the vehicle requirements, the steering system needs to be adjusted for free clearance. When steering the steering wheel back and forth at a small angle from left to right, you need to adjust the steering gear free clearance when the steering wheel output is not responding to the left and right; Free clearance of ball studs at horizontal tie rods, knuckle arms, etc.
Steering gear assembly free clearance adjustment method: ensure that the vehicle is in the middle position, disconnect the steering gear input and output connections, use a fork wrench to loosen the side cover lock nut for about 2 to 3 turns, and then use a straight line to turn the side Turn the cover adjustment screw clockwise until it stops. Then move the side cover adjustment screw about 1/6 turns, and use the fork of the car to rotate the input end. Make sure that the output shaft moves when the input shaft of the steering gear rotates, and the steering is flexible. . Hold the side cover adjustment screw in place with a flat-blade screwdriver, and use a fork wrench to tighten the side cover lock nut to ensure a tightening torque of 70 to 80 N.m. Turn the input shaft again with the vehicle fork, and confirm that when the input shaft of the steering gear rotates, the output shaft follows and the steering is flexible. When the free clearance is adjusted too much (the side cover adjustment screw is over-tightened), the steering gear cannot return to the correct position in time when turning back to the disk, and it may become stuck. The steering wheel assembly free clearance adjustment should be performed by professionals.
1. Clearance adjustment of other parts of the steering system: The system clearance mainly comes from ball joint pins, and only faulty parts can be replaced when the system has a clearance.
Fourth, the steering gear replacement:
1. Before replacement, first clean the entire pipeline and storage tank to ensure that no residue is left.
2. Correctly install the dust-proof cover that comes with the steering gear.
3. The inlet and outlet ports cannot be reversed.
4. The steering hydraulic system must be vented after replacement.